“ISO 9001 offers more than quality benefits. The standard should be thought of as a business management tool and organization can use to drive value, improve its operations and reduce its risks.” – Oscar Combs, Standard Wise
ISO 9001 and Quality Management
ISO 9001 builds on seven quality management principles. These principles set the foundation for an organization to consistently create value for its clients, enhance process performance and maintain a sustainable business. With understanding and applying these seven principles, implementing the quality management system will be much easier for an organization.
The seven quality management principles are:
Why is ISO 9001 Quality Management System Important?
ISO 9001 is an International Standard that provides requirements for an organization to set up its quality management system (QMS). When the QMS is effectively implemented, it will give confidence to clients that the organization can consistently deliver products and services that:
- Meet the client needs and expectations
- Comply with applicable statutory and regulations
Conforming to ISO 9001 QMS means that the organization has established a systematic approach to quality management and is managing its business in the manner that the clients and stakeholders needs are clearly understood, agreed and fulfilled.
ISO 9001 QMS is a useful tool for organizations to be able to demonstrate that they are managing their business in the manner that consistently deliver quality services and projects to their clients.
The structure of the QMS is shown below:
Implementing a QMS will help organization to:
- Assess the overall context of the organization to define how clients and stakeholders are affected by organization’s work and what they expect from the organization. This will enable the organization to clearly set its strategic direction and objectives as well as identify new business opportunities.
- Put the customers first, making sure the organization consistently meet clients’ needs and expectations. This can lead to repeat customers, new clients and increased business for your organization.
- Work in a more effective and efficient way as all the processes in the organization are aligned to best practices in ISO 9001 standard. This increases productivity and reduces non-value added costs.
- Meet the necessary statutory and regulatory requirements.
- Expand into new markets, as some clients require ISO 9001 before doing business.
- Identify and address the risks associated with your organization. ISO 9001 adopts risk based thinking. The QMS serves as a preventive tool.
Organizations of all types and sizes find that using the ISO 9001 QMS help them:
- Organize processes
- Improve the efficiency of processes
- Continually improve
Furthermore, the ISO 9001 QMS improves organization’s quality and business performance as well as provides better control of organization’s processes and projects. CIDB encourages contractors to acquire ISO 9001 certification to enhance business performance and deliver quality projects. Contractors with G7 registration are required to have ISO 9001 certification.
How Sysnovate can help your Organization?
New companies should consider ISO 9001:2015 standard as a means to manage their business processes to be more efficient, productive, effective and improve customer satisfaction. CIDB encourages contractors to have ISO 9001 certification to improve their organization’s quality performance and deliver quality projects.
Sysnovate Solutions offers guided toolkit called ISO 9001:2015 Certification Program for new companies seeking for ISO 9001:2015 certification. Through Sysnovate Solutions 3 Simple Steps of Certification, companies will complete their ISO 9001 certification successfully.
Sysnovate is a management and lean-agile consulting firm providing consultancy and training services for organizations in the property development, construction, engineering, facilities management and related sectors. Sysnovate places emphasis on 3 core pillars: people, process and technology. Its services are focused on integrated quality, environmental, safety and health (QESH) management, ISO management systems, QLASSIC quality assessment system, process and productivity enhancement, lean management and continual improvement.
Training Course from Sysnovate
Sysnovate Solutions offers the following training courses:
- One-Day Awareness Course, “Implementing ISO 9001:2015 and Quality Management System in Construction”
- One-Day Internal Auditor Course, “ Auditing ISO 9001:2015 Quality Management System”
Think Customer, Think Quality, Get ISO 9001:2015 certification for your organization.
Register your interest by contacting us or replying this email for your ISO 9001:2015 Transition Program or ISO 9001:2015 Certification Program. Call us at 603 4045 8502 or email at email@example.com