Quality Assessment System in Construction (QLASSIC) is an assessment tool to measure and evaluate the quality of workmanship of building projects based on the Construction Industry Standard (CIS) 7:2014.
QLASSIC gives an opportunity for developers and contractors to demonstrate their commitment to quality. The QLASSIC Score is the company’s endorsement of a quality project. Be recognized as a Quality Developer and Quality Contractor in your industry. QLASSIC is the way forward to achieve high quality buildings for customers. Learn and apply QLASSIC quality standards in your building projects. QLASSIC is the way forward to achieve high quality buildings for customers.
Why Implement QLASSIC?
QLASSIC sets out the standard on quality of workmanship for building projects. The quality of workmanship of a construction work is assessed in accordance to the requirements of CIS 7:2014 standard. QLASSIC assessment can be carried out for all types of building projects.
The Advantages of Implementing QLASSIC Assessment
• a recognized standard for quality assessment
• a tool to assess quality performance on building projects
• a clearly defined workmanship quality standard for project stakeholders to comply with
• a measure of constructed work against workmanship standard
• a scorecard to gauge quality standards on building projects
• a basis of continual improvement in the organization.
QLASSIC Assessment Scope
The scope of assessment includes structural works, architectural works, M&E works and external works. QLASSIC assessment is carried out during construction and completion stages. However, current assessment by CIDB is upon completion of the project comprising of Architectural Works, Basic M&E Fittings and External Works. In the future, CIDB may offer full scope of assessment.
The QLASSIC assessment is carried out on all types of building projects. The buildings are categorised in the following manner:
The QLASSIC assessment is carried out based on site inspection, visual assessment, and use of assessment tools and equipment. The selection of samples is pre-determined through sampling guideline and statistical approach. Samples are selected from drawings and plans. The assessment is carried out based on random selection of samples that adequately represent the entire building project. The sampling guideline is detailed in the CIS 7:2014 standard.
A summary of assessment methods and tools are show below:
– Delivers quality end-product
– Increases customer satisfaction
– Recognized as a “Quality” Contractor / Property Developer.
Why apply for QLASSIC assessment?
• Enables the organization to benchmark the quality of workmanship of its construction project
• Enhances quality assurance and quality control on construction works
• Specified as a quality criterion for contractors performance scorecard.
Register your interest by contacting us or replying this email for your QLASSIC training. Call us at 603 4045 8502 or firstname.lastname@example.org