Quality Assessment System in Construction (QLASSIC) is an assessment tool to measure and evaluate the quality of workmanship of building projects based on the Construction Industry Standard (CIS) 7:2014. Over 1000 building projects have been QLASSIC assessed since 2007 by Construction Industry Development Board (CIDB). Construction quality has improved significantly resulting to satisfied customers when delivering Vacant Possession. QLASSIC is the way forward to achieve high quality buildings for customers. Learn and apply in your building projects.
Why Implement QLASSIC?
QLASSIC sets out the standard on quality of workmanship for building projects. The quality of workmanship of a construction work is assessed in accordance to the requirements of CIS 7:2014 standard. QLASSIC assessment can be carried out for all types of building projects.
The Advantages of Implementing QLASSIC Assessment
• a recognized standard for quality assessment
• a tool to assess quality performance on building projects
• a clearly defined workmanship quality standard for project stakeholders to comply with
• a measure of constructed work against workmanship standard
• a scorecard to gauge quality standards on building projects
• a basis of continual improvement in the organization.
QLASSIC Assessment Scope
The scope of assessment includes structural works, architectural works, M&E works and external works. QLASSIC assessment is carried out during construction and completion stages. However, current assessment by CIDB is upon completion of the project. In the future, CIDB may offer full scope of assessment.
The QLASSIC assessment is carried out based on site inspection, visual assessment, and use of assessment tools and equipment. The selection of samples is pre-determined through sampling guideline and statistical approach. Samples are selected from drawings and plans. The assessment is carried out based on random selection of samples that adequately represent the entire building project. The sampling guideline is detailed in the CIS 7:2014 standard.
– Delivers quality end-product
– Increases customer satisfaction
– Recognized as a “Quality” Contractor / Property Developer.
Why apply for QLASSIC assessment?
• Enables the organization to benchmark the quality of workmanship of its construction project
• Enhances quality assurance and quality control on construction works
• Specified as a quality criterion for contractors performance scorecard.
How Sysnovate can help your Organization?
Sysnovate is a management and lean-agile consulting firm providing consultancy and training services for organizations in the property development, construction, engineering, facilities management and related sectors. Sysnovate places emphasis on 3 core pillars: people, process and technology. Its services are focused on integrated quality, environmental, safety and health (QESH) management, ISO management systems, QLASSIC quality assessment system, process and productivity enhancement, lean management and continual improvement.
Sysnovate has guided over 100 companies and trained more than 3000 people in the construction industry. Sysnovate is a qualified QLASSIC trainer. Sysnovate contributes in the technical committees of MBAM and CIDB.
Sysnovate has a strong market presence in the construction industry and understands the business culture and processes. With extensive knowledge and experience of the industry, Sysnovate delivers consulting services that meet the needs and expectation of its clients. Sysnovate supports CIDB in promoting ISO 9001, ISO 14001, ISO 45001 and QLASSIC in the construction industry.
Training Course from Sysnovate
- One Day Awareness Course “QLASSIC Awareness Course”
- One Day Hands-on Course In-house only “QLASSIC Hands-on Workshop”
- Two Days Hands-on In-house only Course “QLASSIC Awareness Course with Hands-on Workshop”
Available at Sysnovate Public Training and In-house Training.
Contact us or reply this email to attend our training.
Call us at 603 4045 8502 or email at email@example.com